Friday, May 15, 2009

Vote for my post on Mom Blog Network

Hope In The Eyes Of A Child

The Parent Bloggers Network and Windex has challenged us to blog about our Best View. In my opinion, this is such a great topic! With the economy meltdown, many jobs lost, and more people than ever on government assistance. It is easy to have a pessimistic view on the world. Especially when you are directly affected by the current events.

So what is my best view? What makes me light up inside each and every day? One word, Ki'Nani; my daughter. I tell her each and every day that she is the best thing that I have ever done with my life. It's true, before her I didn't exist. I took up space in this world, just going through the motions of day to day life. If you have children than I am sure that you understand.

I have a responsibility to provide Ki'Nani with all of the best possible tools for her to succeed in life. I am raising a member of the 'next generation'. If I don't do my part to raise her with morals and compassion, than I have failed. From the first time I held her in my arms to each night when I rock her to sleep, I look into those beautiful hazel eyes and I realize that this little girl holds all of her love and trust in me and her daddy. Just by looking into her eyes; all of the worries of life, the troubles of the economy, and the suffering that surrounds our world is gone. When I look into her eyes, I see hope.



As you can see from this photo, she takes after her daddy!

5 comments:

Wildflower Studio (Michelle Dransart) said...

I love this post. I definitely relate to you. So precious. Motherhood gives me happiness I never dreamed of.
(Before reading your beautiful post I was just posting about my little rascal's latest crazy antics.)
Definitely keeps life interesting, that's for sure!
Happy Friday!

Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

What an angel!!

And it's so true: what we see in our children is what strengthens us and guides us and shapes us and gives us hope for ourselves and our future.

Beautiful post!

MommaD said...

Great post, great perspective! Love the pic too! Following you now from Mom Bloggers Club

ConnieFoggles said...

What a touching post. Your daughter is blessed to have you as her Mom.

kasandria said...

Awww She is precious! Enjoyed reading your blog. Keep up the good work!
Kas
http://southernbellaswaystosave.blogspot.com/